Strawberry Eton Mess



I love making Eton Mess. It is messy, easy to make, can be made ahead and still makes a pretty-looking dessert. During the previous month of Ramadhan, I made quite a lot of  Pavlova for order and there were times I had extra bits of meringue.
 My boys get pretty annoyed when I hide the meringue to make Eton Mess. But then again they love this dessert.

Click here to get the recipe for making a meringue nest.


Strawberries seem to be in season. Here in the market, it is being sold quite cheaply, so it is a good time to make Strawberry Eton Mess. These strawberries are from Egypt according to one vendor.

Make sure to clean the strawberries in warm water, as some are quite grimy. Just wash with regular tap water, fill a bowl with warm water, add the strawberries and just gently wash them.
I used half the strawberries to make a sauce and then the rest was chopped up and mixed with the cream and meringue.


Yield: 4  

Strawberry Eton Mess

Ingredients:


  • 10 strawberries, cut into quarters
  • 2 1/2 tbsp sugar
  • 250 ml whipping cream or whip a can of Nestle cream
  • 3  large meringue nests

Instructions:

Whip the cream along with 1/2 tbsp sugar till soft peaks.
Mix the remaining sugar with the strawberries and leave to macerate for a few minutes, whizz half of the strawberries in a blender to a puree.
Break the meringue into large pieces.
To assemble the Mess, fold the strawberry puree into the cream and then fold the broken up meringue and remaining chopped strawberries. Spoon into serving glasses and chill for  30 minutes to 1 hour.
Enjoy!

Created using The Recipes Generator

Comments

  1. These are some gook looking and delicious mess :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious!!!!
    I wish you joy, love and happiness. Merry Christmas!
    Elisa

    https://ideedililli.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Eton mess, I have been making it (or versions of it) for years, my kids love it as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....