Watermelon fizz

 


My brother-in-law introduced me to this combination of Sprite and watermelon. You can use soda or 7up instead of sprite. It even works well with Bundenburg Lemonade. It's a very refreshing drink and I like a little fizz in my drinks. Cut the watermelon into cubes and freeze them before making this drink.

Recipe: Watermelon Fizz

for 4 servings

You will need

  • 400g watermelon, cut into cubes and frozen
  • 1/4cup - 1/2 cup sugar syrup ( see note below)
  • juice of 1/2 lime
  • 1-2 small sprigs of mint, (about 8 leaves)
  • 1 small bottle of  Sprite or 2 cans 7 Up or 1 1/2 bottle of bundenburg lemonade.

Method

  • Place everything in the blender and blend. Enjoy
Note :
To make sugar syrup I like to use 1 cup sugar and 1 1/2 cups water. Pour into a saucepan and cook on medium heat stirring to dissolve the sugar and then letting it boil for a few minutes till slightly reduced. Cool, pour into a clean glass bottle and keep in the fridge until needed.


Comments