Chocolate and pear Dump cake

 


After I made my chocolate Tres leches cake, I still had half a packet of cake mix left. I searched around Pinterest for an easy recipe to try and came across this really crazy pudding. At first, I thought it was a joke. But I found two more recipes doing exactly the same thing to cake mixes. 

It's called a dump cake because cake mix is dumped over fruit, and then topped with slices of butter. Yes! I know! Sounds crazy right? I kept checking the oven just to see if this was actually working and believe me once the butter melts and gives a nicely glossy top and the bottom is nice and oozy with chocolate it's a delicious pudding to enjoy topped with vanilla or praline and caramel ice cream!  



The ice cream is a must to enjoy with this pudding. Feel free to use cherry pie mix if you like but the pear goes very nicely with the chocolate and it's more easily available.

Recipe Adapted from I Am a Baker's Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake recipe

Recipe: Chocolate and Pear Dump Cake

Ingredients

  • 1/2 packet (220g) of Chocolate fudge cake mix
  • 56g cold butter, 
  • a small can of pears. (  use enough to cover the bottom of the baking dish)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 180 Degrees C.
Lightly grease  a 6-inch round baking dish (glass or ceramic one), 
Slice the pears and arrange them at the bottom of the prepared dish. Pour 1/2 can of the liquid in the pan over the pears. 


Sprinkle the cake mix on top making sure you cover all the pears in a nice even layer.



Slice the butter thinly and cover the top of the cake layer ( trust me on this please).



Pop into the preheated oven, and bake for an hour.  Check within 45 minutes but the top should be cooked and the fruit slightly bubbly at the bottom when it is done. 
Cool slightly and serve with ice cream. 





Comments