Pizza Lasagne


In my home, there are two favorites, one is pizza and the other is lasagne. While working on recipes for this Ramadhan, I wondered what I could do to put a pizza on a lasagne. After playing around with different ideas I came up with this.

I wanted to use ingredients that are easily available and easy to assemble. I took the shortcut by using store-bought marinara sauce ( can use any tomato-based pasta sauce) and cream cheese instead of bechamel sauce.

I used luncheon meat, chicken and parsley flavour,  you can use either that or pepperoni.  Cut it into thin slices and then cook on a hot dry frying pan until it is lightly brown, cut into smaller quarters and set aside.


Next was a pepper layer of sauteed peppers, onions, garlic, a little chilli and dried herbs. 


The Store-bought pasta sauce needs to be heated or warmed. I tried making this without warming but the reason for warming is warm sauce helps to soften the dried pasta sheets and also speeds up baking time. 

Instead of bechamel sauce, I used Emborg cream cheese, for a small lasagne, half the tub is used, mixed with a few tablespoons of milk to make a thick creamy sauce. 


Then a couple of slices of black olives and lots of cheese. Use either the pizza cheese mix or a mozzarella. I like to mix a little cheddar into the mozzarella.

Note: If making ahead, cover with foil and keep in the fridge and take it out about  30 minutes before baking so it comes to room temperature. Then bake in the oven.

Bake covered with aluminium foil for about 45 minutes, remove the lid after 30 minutes, check if the pasta is cooked, remove the foil if cooked, and cook a further 10 to 15 minutes so the top is golden and bubbling. 

It is important to let the lasagne rest for 15 minutes. This helps the dish to cool and settle. Otherwise everything will ooze out.

Enjoy! with a big helping of green leafy salad. 


Comments

  1. A lasagne layered with pizza topping and flavoured with pizza spices...such a fantastic idea and it turned out really good too, Nammi.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....