Roasted vegetables with brown rice and grilled chicken

 


Turning 40 changed a lot of things for me, especially when it comes to health.  The pandemic brought in more challenges and had me thinking of making more healthy food and trying to drink milk as my bones have started to give me trouble. 

Anyway, I decided to try brown rice. I have seen brown basmati rice and it turns out a lovely nutty flavour. Unlike regular basmati, brown basmati needs time to cook and a bit more soaking time to speed up cooking. 

I made a kind of warm salad of sorts by mixing in roasted butternut, peppers and saute' in some spinach and then mixing everything in the warm oil.  Sometimes I use frozen broccoli if I don't get any spinach. 

I served this with some grilled chicken. You can even bake the chicken if you don't want to spend too much time in the kitchen. Although the taste is different you won't get that smokey flavor. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....