Raspberry Cap pudding

 


When growing up, we had two children's cookbooks in our home. I remember my sisters and their friends cooking in my mum's kitchen and usually I was shooed out. I have two elder sisters and my sister Naashia is a great cook she very often cooked from this book and one of them was this recipe. (But this doesn't mean my other sister isn't a good cook)  She used to steam this rather than bake in the oven, so if you don't have an oven just pop this into a steamer on the stovetop and steam this. 

This is like an upside-down cake, much easier to make and tastes delicious especially drizzled with some thin custard sauce. I always have a tin of custard powder in my kitchen, so simply made the custard as instructed on the tin. 

Use a good quality jam, I like Bonne Mamman, Hero and St.Dalfour brands. 


Yield: 6
Author: Nammi

Raspberry Cap pudding

Ingredients

  • 100g butter, softened at room temperature
  • 100g sugar
  • 100g plain flour, sifted
  • 1 ½ tsp baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 2 tbsp raspberry jam

Instructions

  1. Lightly butter a 4-cup capacity baking dish and set aside. Preheat oven at
  2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating as you add. Then add vanilla essence and sifted flour and mix well.
  3. Spread the jam at the bottom of the baking dish, spoon the cake batter on top and spread it out.
  4. Pop into the oven and bake till the cake is golden and a skewer comes out clean.
  5. Cool slightly, run a knife around the edges of the cake and turn it over onto a plate.
  6. Serve with custard sauce.
  7. Note: I make custard sauce using the custard powder, follow the instructions as on the tin, for a small family of 4 half the required measurements are more than enough.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @chilliesandlime on instagram and hashtag it #chilliesandlimeblog
Created using The Recipes Generator

Comments

  1. The cake has a really soft tender crumb..so yummy and irresistible!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....