Sweet Kulhavah dessert

 


Today's recipe is about Kulhavah. Kulhavah is a fruit that grows near the swampy area usually near the mangrove swamps.



 It is the kind of fruit where you either love them or hate them. A lot like the durian. Only smaller. Slightly unripe ones are eaten with fish broth an rice or made into sambals like a salad. But I prefer it sweet when it's at its ripest and smelliest form. I love this as a sweet dish or as a juice. 


Yield: 2-4
Author: Nammi

Sweet Kulhavah Dessert

Prep time: 20 Min Total time: 20 Min

Ingredients

  • 4 over-ripe kulhavah ( the riper the better)
  • 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1 cup freshly grated coconut

Instructions

  1. Mash the kulhavah to a pulp, and remove the tough skin after scrapping off all the flesh and seeds inside. 
  2. Add sugar and mix well. 
  3. Mix in the coconut. Taste adjust the sugar to your liking. Enjoy.
  4. Cover tightly with plastic wrap if you leave it to chill in the fridge although I have to warn you your fridge might smell abit. 
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @chilliesandlime on instagram and hashtag it #chilliesandlimeblog
Created using The Recipes Generator

Comments

  1. I thought I have left my comment on this post already...I guess it didn't get through. I have never seen or had those exotic fruits. It sounds and looks really tasty, esp. paired with coconut.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....