Ice Lemon Tea pops


 On a hot day, I love to quench my thirst with a cold iced lemon tea. Lately, I have been thinking of turning them into ice lollies. Those who are familiar with me know that I enjoy making ice pops. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, my tiny freezer has no space to accommodate an ice pop mould. Nonetheless, these would be a perfect treat on a sweltering day.

Author: Nammi

Ingredients:

  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ cup water
  • 1 tea bag
  • 3-4 sprigs mint
  • Juice of ½ lime or 1
  • 1 cup hot water
  • 1 cup cold water

Instructions:

  1. Place sugar and ½ cup water in a sauce pan and place on stove top over medium heat and boil till sugar is dissolved. Cool.
  2. Pour hot water into a heatproof jug, add the tea and mint and leave to steep and flavour it.
  3. Remove the tea bag, and mint leaves, add lime juice, and sugar syrup and cold water. Taste, adjust sugar and lime flavor.
  4. Cool completely and then pour into ice pop moulds and freeze to set.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @chilliesandlime on instagram and hashtag it #chilliesandlimeblog
Created using The Recipes Generator

Comments

  1. I too enjoy a good ice pops during the hot summer days. p.s Coconut sugar tastes like raw dark brown sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fresh mint you added makes these dreamy little pops so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Refreshing and yummy, love the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....