Condensed milk Brownies


Every year for the month of Ramadhan I always look up recipes that are easy to make. I want my recipes to be helpful for everyone, not a certain group of people or certain people who live in certain areas.  I have met so many wonderful foodie people even in the islands and learned so many delicious recipes from them.  I know during Ramadhan everyone is on the lookout to make something delicious. So during this lockdown, I am praying everyone is safe and that this COVID-19 doesn't spread to the islands. 

I love a good brownie. But I hate making it sometimes because I have to get the chocolate, melt it and everything, meaning too many dishes to wash. I saw this recipe for condensed milk brownie and it had easily available ingredients, no eggs, and less sugar and used cocoa powder instead of melting chocolate. 
Even though I still had to use the stovetop to melt the butter and condensed milk but this recipe took less time to make and the result was these delicious chewy brownies.



I used half the recipe,  you can double the recipe for a bigger batch. I  found it too sweet with the amount of brown sugar from the original recipe so for the second batch I used just 2 tablespoons of sugar.

Recipe Adapted from this recipe from Lights Camera Bake!



Yield: 16 squares
Author: Nammi

Condensed milk brownies

Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 35 mins Total time: 55 mins

Ingredients:

  • 1 can condensed milk (gerikiru)
  • 100g butter 
  • 2 tbsp sugar ( can use either white or brown)
  • 1 capful of vanilla essence ( 1 tsp)
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • extra knob of butter to grease tray

Instructions:

How to cook Condensed milk brownies

  1. Preheat oven to 180 Degrees C.  Butter and line a square tray ( 7x7 inch tray)  with baking paper. If no baking paper, just butter it well. Set aside.
  2. Pour condensed milk into a small saucepan and add the butter. Place on the stovetop over low heat and stir to melt the butter. Once the butter has melted, pour into a mixing bowl.
  3. Add vanilla and sugar. Sift flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder into the bowl and stir to mix. No need to use any whisk or beaters, a good spatula or spoon is fine for this.
  4. Pour into the prepared tray and pop into the middle shelf of the oven.
  5. Bake for 30 minutes. The brownie should be coming off from the sides and the top should be set. Remove from heat, it will feel soft but once the top is completely set remove don't be tempted to keep it for longer than 35 minutes. 
  6. Let it cool completely in the tin.
  7. Once cool cut into squares and enjoy!

Did you make this recipe?
Tag @chilliesandlime on instagram and hashtag it #chilliesandlimeblog
Created using The Recipes Generator

Comments

  1. I too appreciate easy simple recipes...this one definitely belongs to them. The brownie looks really great, Nammi.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....