Prawn Curry


One of my favourite Indian Chefs is Madhur Jaffrey. I love her simple curry recipes. I have tried some of her recipes and posted them here on the blog. When the IHCC ladies announced that for this weeks' challenge, the title was curry, I decided to try one of Madhur Jaffrey's curries.
I prefer to make curry recipes written by people who actually know how to make a curry. I mean really I have seen some Western chefs, as much as I love them and respect them, adding heaped teaspoons of turmeric into their curries!!!. Anyway, I had some frozen prawns and made a prawn curry.

The recipe was so easy, no oil, just mixing all the spices in water and then adding tamarind and coconut milk and finally the prawns. Took just 15 to 20 minutes to cook.

Found the Prawn curry recipe  here



Yield: 2-4
Author:

Prawn Curry

prep time: 10 Mcook time: 15 Mtotal time: 25 M

ingredients:

  • about 300g large prawns, ( shelled, deveined)
  • 1/2 tsp chilli powder
  • 1/4 tsp turmeric
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely grated or minced
  • 1/2 inch ginger, finely grated or minced
  • 1 tsp coriander ground
  • 1 tsp cumin ground
  • 100ml packed coconut milk
  • 1/2 tsp tamarind puree
  • 1 cup of water
  • salt to taste
  • finely chopped fresh coriander about 1 tbsp

instructions:

How to cook Prawn Curry

  1. In a small saucepan or curry pot, place all the spices, garlic and ginger along with 1 cup of water.
  2. Bring to a boil and simmer  to cook off the spices, for about 5 minutes
  3. Add coconut milk,  and tamarind and simmer for another  5 minutes. Taste and add salt.
  4. Add the prawns, and cook for a few more minutes, say 3- 5 minutes, overcooked prawns are not pleasant to eat. 
  5. Stir in coriander and switch off heat and serve immediately with rice.
Created using The Recipes Generator

Comments

  1. I am a fan of curry too. Love this easy quick and delicious prawn curry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this recipe bookmarked to make because I love how easy it is! This is a beautiful weeknight recipe that anyone could make on a busy night. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....