Magnum Pudding


This recipe was requested by one reader who asked me how to make magnum pudding. It was the first time I heard about it and so I googled it and came across one on a local paper. I asked around and thankfully the lady who now rents my sister's apartment taught me how to make it. It took me a few tries to make this as I had to reduce the amount for my small family.
It is a very sweet dish but a simple one. I have seen some people like to drizzle melted chocolate on top and in between the biscuit layers so it's totally up to you how you add the chocolate.

For me Ramadhan recipes need to be simple and fuss-free, one that doesn't take up too much of my time so I can spend more time with the boys and also for myself to spend more time in prayer which is what Ramadhan is all about. This dessert is one of them.


Yield:

Magnum pudding

Ingredients:
  • 1 packet Marie biscuits
  • 600 ml  milk
  • 1/2 can of condensed milk
  • 1 tsp of butter ( butter should be at room temperature)
  •  1 1/2 tsp corn flour ( corn starch)
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 egg
  • 1 small bar of dark chocolate.

Instructions:

  1. Place the dark chocolate in the freezer before you start. 
  2. Place, milk, butter, cornflour, condensed milk, vanilla, and egg inside a blender and blend till well mixed.  
  3. Pour this into a saucepan and cook over medium heat till the mixture starts to thicken, stirring continuously. 
  4. Once the mixture is slightly thick and coats the back of the spoon. ( when you run your finger over the sauce coated on the spoon it should leave a line not runny).
  5. Switch off the heat and set aside.
  6. Get everything ready. I used a 6 cup rectangular dish to make this. 
  7. Spoon a little of the milk mixture at the bottom. Add a layer of Marie biscuits. Then a layer of sauce. After wrapping half of the chocolate with foil, and holding the foil end grate some chocolate over the milk mixture layer. 
  8. Then add the second layer of Marie biscuits.  Repeat with milk, chocolate and one more layer of Marie biscuits and finish with a thin layer of milk. 
  9. A final grating of dark chocolate on top and leave to chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving. 

NOTES:

Instead of grating chocolate, melt about half of 100g slab of dark chocolate on a heat proof bowl  kept over a simmering pan of water on the stove top. Cool slightly and drizzle this over the milk mixture instead of grating chocolate. 

To add some crunch, sprinkle some sliced almonds or kanamadhu on top.
Created using The Recipes Generator

Comments

  1. This sounds like a vanilla flavored biscuit pudding, but wondering from where the name came... sounds interesting... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of magnum pudding, let alone tasted one. It surely sounds and looks very tempting! You have been cooking some really exotic and yummy treats, Nammi. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delicious looking and easy dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exactly the recipe I'm trying to find out,detailed ... Thank u so much,u r doing a great job... Good luck n keep going

    ReplyDelete
  5. By far the simplest and easiest magnum pudding recipe I ever came across. Thank you! 👍🏽

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....