Peach And Almond Galette


I love making Galettes, they are so easy to make, no blind baking, just chuck everything in and bake.  I came up with this peach galette using canned peaches. Fresh peaches are very expensive here in Male' and not so easily available at times so I used canned peaches. The almonds I added for texture and also into the pastry.  I spiced up the peaches with cloves and cinnamon.
NOTE:  sometimes when the weather gets too hot its best to make sure you chill the dough well. Chill  for a few minutes after rolling it too before adding the filling and forming the gallate

Recipe : Peach and Almond Galette

1 large can Peaches or 2 small cans
2 tbsps cornflour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 tbsp sugar

Pastry:
200g plain flour, sifted
25g ground almonds
1 tbsp icing sugar
pinch salt
90g butter, cold
1 whole egg

extra 2 tbsp sliced almonds

Prepare the pastry first by mixing butter and flour till resembles light breadcrumbs, don't overwork, add ground almonds, and sugar and add the egg. Mix. The pastry should come together, if not add just a little ice water, a tablespoon should do.

While the pastry chills, prepare the filling. Drain the peaches well, and cut them into slices. Mix in spices, sugar and cornflour and set aside.

Preheat the oven to, 190- 200 degrees C. Line a Baking sheet with baking paper or rub some butter and set aside.

Take the pastry and roll it between two pieces of baking paper, roll into a rough circle, not so thin about 1/2 cm thick. Remove the paper on top. Place on a baking sheet along with the baking paper underneath. You have to work really quickly as in our hot environment the butter in the pastry tends to melt pretty quickly and can become very difficult to work with. Can chill the pastry after rolling for 10 minutes before adding the filling.

Carefully add the filling in a pile in the middle, spread just a little.


 Now start folding the pastry around the peach filling.


Now dot the pastry area with the remaining slivers of almonds, pop into the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes, till the pastry is golden and filling is bubbling. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.

Serve on its own or with some  custard or dollop of cream



Comments

  1. Looking at your galette, you are tempting me to bake one soon... I made one with strawberries but its' been some time now... looks really tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love to make galette and of course to eat them!! Yours with stone fruit and nuts looks fabulous, Nammi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nammi,
    How are you? Hope you're all well on your side. I haven't this galette for a very long time. Wish I can have a slice here. hehe.... Enjoy your week ahead dear & Happy Ramadhan. Surely you missed the Ramadhan food here.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't really tried a galette - but this looks quite appetizing that makes me feel I ought to try soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks awesome, your such a great cook. proud of you and one day we will visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this looks delicious.
    My cooking blog is in spanish with google translator so hope you liked.

    Olga.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Nammi...peach and almond? Yes, it looks delicious...I would love to try this...and soon!
    Have a wonderful week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I love peaches and yours look quite big like nectarines. :-O
    Almonds - I am in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....