Gerikiru Boakibaa


The first time I heard of this new form of boakibaa or cake was while visiting Nadhu's blog. Nadhu is a local entrepreneur and blogger ( she is doing some video recipes on her blog this Ramadhan. ) Anyway I didn't give it much thought about this particular boakibaa.
It was until my sister-in-law, brought it up again saying my brother-in-law's wife, Shiu,  makes a very delicious  gerikiru boakibaa. So when I visited her place, I asked her what all the fuss was about. So she gave me her recipe.

 Now the thing is  I never tasted one,  so even after making it I was like, is this how it's supposed to look like?  and taste like this?. It did taste pretty good.  So to test it out I made it for a cousin of my hubby's  , who is more familiar with this particular cake. Her verdict,  it wasn't supposed to be like that. But I loved the taste and it was an easy cake to make,  so I decided to post it. Besides  I did follow the recipe and mine looked pretty much like  Shiu's ( yes I know you are reading this ;P), who later vibered me a photo of her version of this cake(LOL), so I know I was in the track.  

Recipe : Gerikiru Boakibaa  or Condensed milk Cake 

1 can sweet condensed milk ( 380g can)
3 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup plain flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
50 g margerine or butter

Preheat the oven to   (180 degrees Celcius).  lightly butter a round tin. Line it with baking paper if you like so its easier to remove..

Soften the margarine and mash it up with the back of the spoon. Add eggs and whisk well.

Stir in condensed milk and vanilla essence and whisk till mixed.

Sift in flour and baking powder and mix it well.

Pour into the prepared tin and pop in the oven for about 45 minutes till the top is dark golden and risen and a skewer comes out clean.

Cool and turn it onto a cutting board and cut into squares.
Serve

Comments

  1. I love just how golden and moist it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have been a pure bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nammi,

    Very lovely cake! I'm a great believer of using condensed milk for baking and pretty sure this cake is real yummy :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so moist and sounds really delicious too... sometimes, traditional recipes have all sorts of versions, and I am sure condensed milk is definitely not traditional :D Hope you come up with the traditional one, will look forward...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! that is the exact dilemma I have when I make dishes of other cuisines! All that matters is if it received well by all. :-P Most of the time when I do get an opportunity to taste the original, I strongly believe my version is better! thats why we tweak a recipe right? These look fantastic and seems so easy with no fuss ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of it, but it looks delicious, more like a sturdy custard or pudding. I'd love to try it! My husband loves sweetened condensed milk and anything I make with it, this would be a nice surprise for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of it, but it looks delicious, more like a sturdy custard or pudding. I'd love to try it! My husband loves sweetened condensed milk and anything I make with it, this would be a nice surprise for him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will try this and tell how it goes
    It looks really convincing..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....