TDM CCN Header

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Back from vacation



My dad is originally from the island of Kulhudhufushi , a large island  situated in the  northern end of Maldives. Even though my dad is now a resident of Male' City , his 7 younger siblings live in Kulhudhufushi.  So this New Year's day I went off on a surprise visit  ( along with hubby and the boys)  to Kulhudhufushi via Maldivian, Hanimaadhoo airport  then a 30 minute speedboat ride to Kulhudhufushi
We  gave quite  a surprise, and we had 5 fun filled , stress free days. It was basically visits to  the beach , checking out the Saturday market, and  eating at  my aunts and uncles homes, visiting  my cousins  and meeting the their families.  We also visited the island of Utheemu , an island 45 minute speed boat ride from Kulhudhufushi ( post to follow soon).

Below are a few photoes from the trip.  hope you all had a lovely new year .

Maldivian style picnic on the beach ( Masbai with rihaakuru  and lonu mirus along with some spagetti for those who want pasta)
relaxing by the beach with my aunt to watch the sunset

4 comments:

  1. wow stunning love the water excited to see more pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lovely and fun filled vacation...awaiting delicious recipes on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....