Breaded fish rolls


 I am always looking up ways for short-cut recipes, especially ones that have a lot of prep work. In 2020 there were the bajiya pinwheels that were a huge hit, so I was searching for a new recipe to try. I noticed that on YouTube a lot of snacks are being prepared using bread as the crust. I even saw one where bread was used to make samosas.

 One of the recipes that my little one sometimes requests is rolls, not just any rolls but one that has breadcrumbs on them. These particular rolls, and the recipe I shared a long time ago, click here to check out, need a lot of prep and the daunting task of making crepes to make the outer layer. 

So instead of making crepes, I used fresh bread ( do not use old bread as the bread tends to crumble and fall apart when you try to roll it),  which I flattened with the rolling pin


and then added the usual rolls filling inside,


 then carefully seal the ends, use a little water to seal, and then dip in flour and egg batter and roll in bread crumbs.




This is then deep-fried.  I know what you are thinking, won't the bread be oily. Surprisingly it wasn't. It was nice and crispy and stayed crispy for quite some time. If you're in the Maldives and planning to try it out, I wouldn't recommend the Alcyon bakery bread because it's a bit sweet, so the end result has a slightly sweet taste. Any other bakery bread is fine.

Comments

  1. Such a fun way to enjoy tuna! They look fingerlickingly delicious and so golden crunch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....