bis folhi ( egg and tuna pancakes)


The first time I had these little pancakes was when one of my father's cousin's wife was visiting us. When I found out it was just eggs mixed with a little tuna and a hint of cumin, I knew I had to try it. Well, it wasn't as easy I thought because the first attempt ended up with too much tuna and too much lime juice. 
After a few failed attempts I finally nailed it with the addition of a little flour. I used a little moringa leaves just to have some vegetables in it and give a bit of colour to it.


You can make this as a whole large pancake rather than making small ones. 


But I quite like it in small mini size and its quite enjoyable with a cup of black tea for a late afternoon tea. 


Yield: 8- 10 pieces
Author: Nammi

Bisfolhi ( egg and tuna pancakes)

Ingredients:

  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 can of tuna, drained and flaked
  • 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1/4 scotch bonnet or 2 green chillies finely chopped
  • 1 tsp lime juice
  • 2 tbsp plain flour, sifted
  • a handful of moringa leaves ( or spinach) finely chopped
  • 1 level teaspoon salt or to taste
  • pinch ground black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp ground cumin
  • a tiny bit of ginger, grated finely. 
  • oil for frying

Instructions:

  1. Mix onions and chilli with lime juice and salt. Add ginger and flake the tuna and mix in.
  2. Add cumin, and pepper and crack the eggs in and mix well, stir in flour and mix well.
  3. Heat a frying pan and drizzle a little oil.  Once the oil is heated, spoon small ladles of the mixture onto the frying pan and cook. Flip once to cook the other side. 
  4. Remove to a plate and repeat.
  5. Serve warm. 
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @chilliesandlime on instagram and hashtag it #chilliesandlimeblog
Created using The Recipes Generator

Comments

  1. These savoury pancakes sound and look terrific. I think some chickpea flour would be a nice alternative too, and a big YES to fresh moringa leaves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....