A simple prawn stir fry


I love prawns but unfortunately, my eldest doesn't share the same sentiments for it. In fact, he refuses to eat them.  During the fasting month of Ramadhan, I saw these small packages of different-sized prawns in one of the supermarket's freezers and so bought a packet of large prawns, which came ready to cook, that is shelled and deveined.
Could always make a small amount rather than cook the whole pack. So I made a small batch of prawns. I saw this recipe by Mark Bittman, where he uses just a few spices, and it took just 10 minutes to make this. It is great served with some rice or on top of a simple pasta or even on toast.



Yield: 2
Author: Nammi

A simple Prawn stir fry

prep time: 5 mins cook time: 5 min total time: 10 mins

ingredients:

  • 200g frozen large prawns, deveined and shelled
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
  • salt to taste
  • 2-3 tbsp olive oil
  • finely chopped parsley ( about 1/2 tbsp)

instructions:

How to cook A simple Prawn stir fry

  1. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add garlic and cook till it starts to lose its raw smell. 
  2. Add the prawns and toss in the garlic. Add the spices and pinch of salt and toss it around. 
  3. Add about a tablespoon of water just to deglaze the pan. The prawns will cook very quickly in about 1-2 minutes.  Stir in parsley. 
  4. Switch off and serve.
Created using The Recipes Generator

Linkin this to IHCC's pot luck for this month. hope you head over there to check out more recipes.

Comments

  1. I am too a fan of juicy plump prawn. The stirfry looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really simple and delicious, I would never say no to this. Or anything made with prawns. But my children don't like them either. Hopefully, they will grow out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so good my boy seems to be allergic to them :-( I miss making them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...this looks perfect! A whole plate of perfectly seasoned shrimp. I've always wanted to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....