Carrot and Orange Juice





Ramadhan is the time to go crazy with the juice. Its usually served during the breaking of fast. When I was growing up there will be watermelon, coconut, guava, canned jackfruit, canned pears etc. My Father used to be in charge of the juice making.  He would measure the sugar very carefully and then blend everything up. Sometimes he does weird ones like mixing the previous day's leftover juice with some new fruit.

I love this combination of carrot and orange.  My 11-year-old loves carrot juice. Although he isnt crazy about the addition of orange. Complains why I can't just juice the carrot and not add the orange. But then again, I love to add that Orange. During Ramadhan we tend to eat fewer vegetables, so its a great way to get some vitamins in right, especially with so many colds and viral fever doing its rounds these days.

Recipe : Carrot and Orange Juice

Serves 4

3 carrots, peeled sliced
Juice of 1 orange
Cold water  about 4 cups
Sugar to taste

If you have a juicer you can use that to extract the juice .

If using the blender that comes with those  filters, add the carrot slices into the filter funnel, along with the orange juice and add water and sugar.  Blend.

Pour into a serving bottle or jug.

If you dont have a filter  then blend everything together and then strain through a sieve. I prefer to strain this juice through a sieve. Or you can serve just as it is, extra fibre right?

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....