Chicken Fajita



I love making Mexican dinners like these. The kids love assembling it and eating can get messy.  As I told you earlier I try to make most of my recipes the kind of recipes that anyone can make. So to make these fajita's I made my own spice mix, hopefully, it tastes just as good.

Recipe: Chicken Fajita

500g boneless chicken pieces, cut into thin strips
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika( optional)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 /2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano

1 red bell pepper, seeds and core removed and cut into strips
2 green capsicums, seeded and cut into strips
1 onion sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
salt to taste
Juice of 1/2 lime
Oil ( any vegetable oil)

To serve, Guacamole' see note below, shredded iceberg lettuce, tortillas or Roshi

Place the chicken strips in a zip lock bag or plastic or glass bowl ( I like to use  one plastic bowl just to marinate my meats, I label it meat marinade and use it only for fresh meats.)  Into the chicken add all the flavour ingredients except the salt and lime juice, just add a tiny bit of salt. Leave to marinade for an hour if you have or at least 30 minutes, in the fridge.

Heat a large frying pan, about 3 tbsp. Take the chicken out about 30 minutes before cooking to ensure it is not so cold.  Then once the pan is hot add the chicken into the pan and stir fry till coloured and cooked through. Remove to a plate.

Add another tablespoon of oil into the pan, add the onions, and peppers and stir fry till the vegetables soften. Stir in garlic and cook for another minute to release its aroma.

Return the chicken to the pan and toss through the pepper-onion mix, add a little splash of water, a few tablespoons is enough.  Taste and add salt. Cook till the water evaporates stir in some lime juice and switch off heat. Serve warm.

To assemble the fajita, spread a little  guacamole' on the flat bread or tortilla, top with chicken mix and then some lettuce and roll up and enjoy!!!

Note, Guacamole : Mash an avocada , add a tiny clove of garlic, some lime juice , a little chopped chilli and finely chopped coriander leaves and salt. Mix well and set aside. Make this just before serving.

Comments

  1. This reminds me that I haven't had fajita in a long while. Yours looks very delicious and I am not surprised that your kids loved it! Have a wonderful weekend, Nammi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such meals are so easy to make, and even the kids enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....