Egg and Peas Curry



I cook egg curry very often almost once a week. My little guy doesn't like eggs, although he has started to eat plain omelettes.  Since he goes swimming for his swim club every day,  he has to have a good protein intake ( according to his father), as his coach really gives him a good workout.
So I needed a new way to cook egg curry and made this curry following my favourite Indian recipe book.

It is quick and easy and I have an egg shelling machine in the form of a 3-year-old.  As soon as he sees me cooking eggs he would go "Mumma I will clean the eggs" I think it is a good exercise to hone fine motor skills. My little guy had to shell eggs once at his Malaysian preschool during their no-cook cooking class.

Recipe : Egg and Peas curry recipe adapted from the Eggs and Peas curry in Roshi Razzaq's Low Fat Indian Cooking cookbook

Serves 3 persons

3 hard boiled eggs, shelled and cut in half
1 small onion chopped
1/2 tsp cumin seeds ( dhiri)
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1 green chilli, left whole, with just a tiny slit ( optional)
1/4 tsp chilli powder ( optional)
2 tomatoes chopped
1/2 cup green peas
5-6 curry leaves
1/2 tsp ground coriander ( kothanbiri)
1/2 tsp garam masala ( I used homemade but you can use the store-bought ones)
1 tbsp  chopped coriander leaves
1 cup water
salt
oil

Heat about 2 tbsp oil, add cumin seeds and once they start to pop add the onion, and curry leaves and fry till soft.

Add tomatoes, garlic and ginger and stir fry for another minute to soften the tomatoes.

Add all the spices pinch salt and water and bring to a boil and simmer.

Stir in the peas and the halved eggs stir carefully and let it simmer, add a little more water if it looks too dry.

Taste adjust salt and finally add the coriander leaves.

Cook for a minute and switch off.  Serve with rice.




Comments

  1. I have never had an egg curry...this seems easy and quick to prepare and very delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nammi,

    I hope that your computer problem has recovered now.

    Very nice vegetarian curry. Very lovely to eat with plain steamed rice :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....