Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Want to thank everyone for taking the time to check in on my blog, so wanted to treat everyone with one of my favorite deserts.
This is one of the few deserts that I mastered. I saw this on F word , a Gordan Ramsey show on BBBC which was showed on asian food channel. Its very easy desert to make and absolutley delicious !!! I love the way the chocolate flows out....
50g cooking chocolate
75g plain flour
1 egg and 1 egg yolk
1 tsp cocoa powder ( sifted)
extra butter to grease ramekins
1. Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl ,over a pan of simmering water . cool
2. Mean while beat sugar and egg and yolk togther till light and creamy.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the chocolate mix and mix well , fold the flour in.
4. Grease your ramekins with butter, , dust the insides wth cocoa powder and tap the excess out.
5. Pour the mixture into the ramekins.
6. Now comes th hard part, being a student's wife, we have a toaster oven not those big ovens you have at home so its little hard controlling the temperature. But you have to bake these in a preheated oven at about 160 degree celsius for about 8- 10 minutes , till ithe top is set but soft in the inside. TAke it out from the oven , leave it to cool for about 5 minutes and then run a knife on the sides, and invert on a serving plate.
You can pretty it up by dusting with icing sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream.
You can check out the original recipe here