Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Pasta with chicken and peppers
Long time havent checked in, Guess feeling lazy :). I got this recipe from a martha stewart show but have changed most of the ingrediants . THe original recipe uses prawns and broad beans .
200g boneless chicken pieces ( breast or tenders, cut into thin strips)
1 red bell pepper
1 small red onion or shallot chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 green chilli finely chopped ( optional)
100g spagetti or angel hair pasta, broken into 4 pieces
450 ml chicken stock
Oil and 1 tbsp butter
salt and pepper
1. Peel the red bell pepper.
To do this place this on a stove top or under a hot grill ,
till the skin chars.
Place in a bowl of cold water and rub the skin off.
2. Fry the chicken strips in a little oil in a large frying pan till golden brown, set aside
3. Drain any excess oil, add butter into the same frying pan, add the broken up pasta and fry them till they start to turn colour.
4. Add chopped onions , garlic and chillies. fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add hot stock , let it simmer . Cook till the pasta is done, taste and season with salt and pepper. Stir in bell peppers and chicken. Serve immediately