TDM CCN Header

Friday, February 24, 2012

Vietnamese Banana Cake


I saw this recipe on a past issue of  Flavours magazine (March-April 2010). Its a recipe extract from Luke Nguyen's  book The songs of Sapa:stories and recipes from vietnam.  My eldest son wanted  to make something, so I asked him to help  to make it. He was feeling very grown up when I asked him to slice some bananas for me using a bread knife.
The cake turned out well,  although it wasnt very cake like, but quite delicious .Unfortunately  my little sous chef didnt quite like it.  I used half the recipe  cause there were too many eggs. I used small bananas, about 6 inch bananas.

Recipe Vietnamese Banana Cake : recipe adapted from Baked Banana Cake by Luke  Nguyen.

6 ripe bananas
30 g  caster or fine sugar ( or grind regular sugar)
3 large eggs
1/2  of  a 388g can of condensed milk
125 g butter , melted
100g plain flour

1. Slice your bananas  thinly on a diagonal, and then mix with sugar and leave covered for  about 15 minutes.

2. Preheat oven 200 degree celisius, grease a small round baking tray with butter and line with baking paper.

3. Beat eggs with condensed milk and butter till combined. Sift in flour, mix and once mixed well , fold in  bananas.

4. Pour batter into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour till golden brown. Cool and  then refrigerate for 1 hour  before cutting into small wedges or cubes.

If you want to check out more about Luke's recipes check out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....