Faloodha



I love the Faloodhas that they sell at Scoop. For those who are wondering what I am talking about let me explain. First what is Faloodha right?
Its basically a sweet drink made using rose syrup ( a kind of rose-flavored pink cordial)  with condensed milk, jelly or agar cubes, and basil seeds ( which have a similar kind of texture as chia seeds) and topped off with a big scoop of ice cream. You might have read my day at Scoop a long time ago, if you haven't you can check it out here.

Anyway  I kept meaning to try and make my own Faloodha and  I think I came pretty close but then again it's always fun to head back to Scoop. Its probably the only place that's left of my childhood that's still where it is 😉😉

Recipe :  Faloodha.
Serves 4

4 cups water
1 can of condensed milk
rose syrup ( depends on  the taste, how much you need, maybe about  4-5 tbsp)
1 tbsp basil seeds, soaked in 1 cup water for 20-30 minutes
1/2 tbsp agar agar powder
450 ml water ( to make agar agar)
sugar
4 scoops good quality vanilla ice cream

In a large jug, mix water, condensed milk and enough rose syrup to give its taste and that gorgeous pink colour. Add sugar to taste and stir to dissolve if u add some. Chill for 1-2 hours

Prepare Agar agar , you can even make strawberry jelly, I like to use flavourless agar agar. Heat 450 ml water with sugar and when it starts to heat up, add the agar agar and whisk till the agar agar is dissolved. Pour into a  glass fish and cool and then place in the fridge to set. Will set faster if you use a  large tray and it will set in a thin layer.  once set, cut into tiny cubes.


Soak the basil seeds in water for 20- 30 minutes, the seeds will foam a coat around the seed.


To assemble,   add two teaspoons of basil seeds, and a tablespoon of agar agar  cubes in to a tall glass. Then fill with prepared syrup.  Mix with a spoon, then top with a scoop of ice cream, Serve with a fat straw and a spoon. Some like to eat half the ice cream but I prefer to slowly mix it in and enjoy a nice cold drink.

Linkin this over at Eat Eats 2017 celebrating at  Chocolate and Chillies and also at My Ninja Naan





Comments

  1. Happy Eid al-Fitr to you & family. Enjoy & have fun !
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be very tasty! Did you use sweetened condensed milk? How many mls is one can?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I used sweetened condensed milk (380g) can

      Delete
  3. We add in nuts and fruits but kids here like it this way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I have always relished Falooda and like you I have one place back in my hometown which was the first place to serve Flooda and I never miss going there each vacation. I never knew agaragar can be used this way too... BTW, I was looking out for the changes on the blog.. do let me know if you need help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a popular drink over here too, our local calls it Air Sirap Bandung.
    Wishing you and your family Happy Eid

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious!! I have never heard of this drink before, but at least I know how to make it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this kind of drink with agar agar and seeds, but never had it with rose water...thanks for the inspiration Nammi! I hope you are enjoying your week :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....