Watermelon Pops


We are facing a flu outbreak here in the Maldives, Swine Flu to be exact.  So I think these watermelon ice pops will be perfect for both those who are healthy and for the ones battling the flu. I know it's cold but with no appetite, getting fluids into kids will be difficult when sick.  A fresh watermelon ice pop just might help and I hope it helps.

 This was the first ice pop I made, a long time ago, when my little guy was small and battling eczema. I  made him these to cool him down as it can get really hot even in Malaysia in those days.

 I recently discovered this DIY method of making ice pops without the mould.   All you need are these!! These kinds of lined muffin cases are stronger and come lined in such a way that the ice pop doesn't stick to the paper as it would in a regular paper case. Once it freezes, all you need to do is peel off the paper ( just don't throw it all over the place though, but into the bin😜).

Recipe: Watermelon pops

550g watermelon, cubes
5-6 tbsp sugar
1/3 cup water
6 lined muffin cases
6 wooden craft sticks
6 slices of limes ( optional)

Remove the seeds of the watermelon and pop into the blender, along with the sugar and water. Blend  till pureed.

Pour into 6 muffin cases, and let it freeze for an hour before  popping a  craft stick ( wash before using)


Now in case you might forget that you have icepops in the fridge and forget to add the stick  I found this really neat idea here on Pinterest by making a small cut in the middle of the lime slices and sticking in the wooden stick through the lime and placing it over the watermelon mix. This way the icepop stick will be in place.

Comments

  1. Oh goodness! Swine flu sounds horrifying... I hope it's all getting better around... love anything like these simple pops... liking the idea of making it in muffin cups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want! It has been ages since I last made any ice pops! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO refreshing it looks!I love watermelon in any form!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its been extremely hot over here and these watermelon pops look just perfect. Wish I can have them now.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Priya @asmallbite
    Perfectly made,love the shape of the popsicles very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These watermelon pops look great Nammi, especially for the warm days...thanks for sharing it!
    I hope you are having a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watermelon 🍉, so nice during summer 😁!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....