TDM CCN Header

Friday, August 12, 2016

Tuna And Avocado Sandwiches




 I have my new found love for avocados, I discovered these sandwich recipes of replacing mayonnaise  with Avocados and it was an instant hit with the boys.
I have become addicted to Pinterest. Its such a fun app and I love browsing around for ideas and its where I came across this recipe.
 I have made this a couple of times and am now getting ready to have this a few more often for dinner during the upcoming hot days.


Recipe : Tuna and Avocado Sandwich ( recipe adapted from various tuna and avocado recipes discovered in Pinterest.)

1 can tuna, drained and flaked
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped (optional)
1 ripe avocado
1/2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
juice of 1/2 lime
salt and tiny pinch pepper
brown, wholemeal or seed bread to serve

Halve the avocado and remove the seed ( check here on how to remove seed). Place the flesh , can easily scoop it with a spoon, into a mixing bowl and mash well with a fork. Add flaked tuna, and mix well. Stir in spring onions, chilli, coriander and lime juice and add salt to taste and pinch of pepper.

Slice your bread , spread with generous spoonfuls of the mix and sandwich together with another slice of bread (duh!) and enjoy.



9 comments:

  1. Just bought a whole case of Hass :-)) Can't live without avocado any more. Your sandwich looks hearty and really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tuna with avocado,sounds innovative...gud one for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never added avocado in my tuna sandwich...great idea Nammi...thanks for the post!
    Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nammi,

    We love avocado too and I buy them at least 2 per week :)

    Yummy sandwiches :)

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinterest is addictive. :-) Make some guacamole they go so well on burgers and sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds interesting!Avacado and fish��

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds interesting!Avacado and fish��

    ReplyDelete
  8. Avocado is quite the staple in my house! My children love guacamole and I love to smash an avocado all over toast, top with sliced tomatoes, drizzle lemon juice and olive oil...that's breakfast!
    This is a great idea to replace Mayo with avocado!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad it was a hit with your boys. My son would not eat avocado.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....