TDM CCN Header

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Pineapple and Avocado Smoothie


Yup, its my new best friend , Avocado!. I am still getting to know stage, you know, still a little shy, don't want to do something that I might end up hating it.  My brother in law loves avocado juice, and according to my sister it tastes pretty delicious. I looked around the web and discovered lots of recipes that has avocados in smoothies.
 One that caught my attention was the combination of pineapple and avocado. But me being me was in no mood to clean a pineapple , so I cut corners and used canned pineapple.
Gave my hubby a glass and he goes, " its green "! and looks at me as if I have lost my mind. And the look got even more horrified when I said it was avocado, knowing it was either give it a miss  or take a sip. He took a rather hesitant sip and  was like oh! its not so bad.  Yes! We have a winner!.

Recipe : Pineapple and Avocado Smoothie , Inspried by various recipes from Pinterest.

Serves 4

1 ripe avocado, stoned and flesh removed with a spoon
3-4 slices of canned pineapple ( you can use fresh pineapple if you like)
1/2 cup juice from the pineapple can
1-2 cups water (aproximate, use more if you want to thin it down)
Sugar to taste

Place everything in blender add a little water at a time and blend.  It should be nice and thick but drinkable, not for eating with a spoon  like a pudding.






4 comments:

  1. We eat avocado every single day...and totally love it! The smoothie sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! Lucky you, Nammi. I am still trying to 'like' avocado...haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Avocado. they make great addons in so many ways.. but this is the first time I heard this combo! Why does all men hate "Green" !LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails