In Jamie's recipe, he used just mushrooms with chicken , I added an extra touch by adding some thawed frozen spinach ( you can use a handful of baby spinach if you have), some chilli flakes , pepper and thyme. Since I was using spinach and mushrooms together , I added a little cream along with a little water . The result was delicious. Hubby nicked a little bit off my plate saying it was delicious.
Recipe : Chicken Parcels with mushrooms and spinach adapted from Chicken in Bag recipe in Jamie Oliver's Happy days book.
I boneless, skin less chicken breast.
8 button mushrooms (or use a mixture , )
1/3 cup frozen spinach thawed and any excess water squeezed out ( or big handful of fresh baby spinach
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
pinch chilli flakes
pinch ground black pepper
1-2 sprigs fresh thyme or a pinch of dried thyme
2 tbsp cream
2 tbsp water
1 large sheet of alumiunium foil
1. Pat the chicken breast dry, season with salt , and pepper (dried thyme if using). Set a side.
2. Mix the garlic , spinach and mushrooms in a bowl . Mix in chilli flakes, and pepper and pinch of salt. Stir in cream.
3. Take large sheet of aluminium foil, on one side of it Spread the mushroom mixture on one side leaving a 1 inch border gap.
4. Place the chicken breast on top, Place the thyme sprigs one on the bottom of the chicken and one on top.
5. Fold the aluminium foil , and secure the sides except one , add water through the open end and seal that end as well. Using a sharp knife cut a little slit on top to release steam.
Carefully place on a baking tray and bake in preheated oven at gas mark 5 for about 30 minutes. Open when its time to eat. Enjoy!!