So using the same recipe I added more spices a little more chilli , threw in some green peas and fresh cherry tomatoes. I used half a chicken breast for the kids, butterflied it and cut through to make two portions.
Its one of those recipes that you can prepare ahead and keep in the refrigerator and just roast just before serving.
Recipe : Chicken Breast Roasted with Potatoes and Spices recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver's Chicken with Lemony Bombay potatoes
For 3 people
3 chicken breast, boneless , skinless
1 small onion, sliced ( not too thinly)
3-4 small potatoes, peeled and cut into about 2 inch cubes
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1 clove garlic , grated or finely chopped
handful of cherry tomatoes ( about 8) cut in half
a few cilantro or coriander leaves left whole or roughly chopped ( for garnish)
1/4 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp chlli powder ( thats the red chilli powder or use cayene pepper)
generous pinch of ground black pepper
olive oil or vegetable oil
Juice of 1 lime
1. Place the potatoes in a pan of salted water and bring to a boil, till almost cooked. Drain and place in a bowl along with green peas, garlic and onions .
2. In a separate bowl, mix the spices and pinch of salt, rub half of this into the potatoes along with a tablespoon of olive oil , juice of half of the lime.
3. Season the chicken breast pieces with a tiny bit of salt. Rub the remaining spice mixture along with a little olive oil onto the chicken.
4. Make small trays using aluminium foil. Or you can use a suitable roasting tray instead of fussing over the foil.
Arrange the potato mixture and top with a chicken breast. Squeeze the left over lime half onto the chicken pieces.
|foil boats, clean up takes less time :)|
5. Place in a preheated oven about gas mark 5-6 for 20- 30 minutes, depends on the size of your chicken breast. Check if the chicken breast is done. The knife should go in easily when you poke it in the thickest part or you can just cut a little at the thick part to check.
6. Once done, add the cherry tomatoes, and sprinkle the coriander leaves ( leave them out if you dont like coriander) Serve as it is for a light meal or with some crusty bread or plain cooked rice or to make it more healthier a nice leafy salad.