TDM CCN Header

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Masfen


When I went on my 8 month hiatus last year, I removed most of my Maldivian recipes , because I was afraid someone might hack my page or something. I have a decent collection of Maldivian recipes which I collected during my stay Malaysia in the hope that someday I might be able to publish it ( any publishers out there interested?).

Anyway this recipe is my eldest son's favorite. He used to suffer from eczema, so I had to be careful what I fed him. This one was on thing that he loved eating and I usually make it for his lunch and serve it with rice and a few vegetables to munch on ,such as carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes or cucumber.  And its  very easy to prepare with no cooking involved.  Its usually made with smoked tuna but here I used canned tuna .

Recipe : Masfen
( enough for 2 small boys)

1/2 can of tuna, oil or water , drained and flaked
1 /2 small onion, finely chopped
5 curry leaves, finely chopped
1 red chilli( if making for grown ups)  finely chopped
1 lime
Salt
1/2 cup canned/packed coconut milk ( shake the can or packet before adding)
1/4 cup water
 Place your onion, curry leaves and chilli ( if using) in  a small bowl.  Squeeze juice of 1/2 lime along with a pinch of salt and squish everything to release their flavour ( wear gloves and you do need to use your fingers).

Mix in the fish and mix well , stir in coconut milk and the water and taste. Balance the flavours by adding more salt and lime juice for you liking.

Set aside for 30 minutes for the flavours to really develop and serve with plain cooked rice  and some vegetables on side .

6 comments:

  1. It's new to me, but I love anything with coconut. Bet it's very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very authentic and inviting too!! Wud love to try this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep keep your local recipes love learning them

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious! I am a coconut milk lover too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new dish for me..Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such an interesting recipe Nammi...coconut milk and tuna.
    Thanks for the recipe and hope you are enjoying your week :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails