Thursday, July 18, 2013

Chicken Salami and Mushroom Pizza


In my family  everyone loves pizza , even the little one.  My older son once asked me " mum why is pizza a junk food"? I  personally dont think pizza is junk food, as long as you make your own and eat it moderate, not finish one whole extra large pizza all by yourself.
 I made this pizza for the first day of fasting this month, my sons didnt like mushroom so I went extra generous helping of mushrooms for me.

Recipe: Chicken Salami and Mushroom Pizza
For one medium pizza

1 quantity pizza dough ( any excess can be stored in fridge for 1-2 days or frozen in the freezer)
about 200g of sliced chicken parsley luncheon meat 
1/2 large green bell pepper, white parts removed and deseeded and cut into strips
4 button mushrooms ( fresh mushrooms), sliced
Grated chedder and mozzarella cheese

Sauce:
1 small can tomato paste
2 tbsp chilli sauce
6 black olives (chopped)

Prepare  your pizza dough as according  to the link given above.  Its quite easy and you can make a bit batch and store in the freezer and use when needed ( thawing doesnt need much time especially here in Maldives). If you have never made your own pizza dough give a try as its way better than that disc you  buy from supermarkets.

Heat a frying pan, no oil, lay your luncheon meat slices and cook to give a nice light brown colour, remove.

In a small bowl mix tomato paste, chilli sauce and olives, set aside

Preheat your oven to the hottest setting,I had it about Gas Mark 7, I dont have a pizza stone so I place my pizza pan in the oven to heat up.

Here is a trick I have as I hate washing up, I take a large sheet of foil, big enough to fit the pizza pan, drizzle a little olive oil and  I roll the pizza dough on it.

Spread the prepared tomato and olive sauce on top. Arrange luncheon meat, mushrooms and pepper slices on top and sprinkle generously with cheese. I like to season with a little freshly ground pepper on top and drizzle a tiny bit olive oil.

Take the pizza pan out and carefully plop the foil with the pizza  with its toppings on it and place back in the oven.

It will take just 10- 15 minutes  to get nice and crispy and the cheese melts and is bubbling away.

Enjoy!!

6 comments:

  1. looks delicious and I agree pizza can be healthy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious pizza!!! and the spinach roulade looks so yummy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pizza, looks mouthwatering .... yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious and mouthwatering pizza.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...