TDM CCN Header

Friday, June 22, 2012

Donna Hay's Chocolate Cake


My sister used to have  loads of Donna Hay magazines and I used to think that was just a magazine name until recently I found out  it was a magazine by  someone called  Donna Hay!!!.  I know sounds very Duh!!! hello!!! sort of thing  :). Anyway I saw this recipe on her show, Fast, Fresh and Simple and it became my favorite recipe!
Mainly because it uses  just one bowl ,meaning less things to wash, its chocolate ( my preschooler son would eat!), and  its not very cake like. Very dense and rich due to the almonds and less flour. I reduced the amount of chocolate because my eldest sis said that it needed to be a bit sweeter.
Recipe:  Chocolate Cake : Slightly adapted version of Donna Hays' Ultimate One-bowl chocolate cake

125g butter, softened
150g  good quality cooking chocolate, broken into pieces
1 cup sugar ( preferably  caster sugar or fine sugar )
1/4 cup plain flour
2 tbsp milk
1 cup ground almonds
5 eggs

1. Preheat your oven to  Gas mark 3 (170 degree celicius)

2. Place butter and chocolate in a heat proof bowl and place over a pan of simmering water on the stove top. The water should not touch the bowl.  Let it melt .

3. Take the bowl  off the  heat, stir in sugar , flour, milk and almonds, mixing in  each time you add a new component.

4. Finally mix in the eggs.

5. Pour  into a  lightly greased spring form pan ( I am pretty bad with pan measurements , some help in this area please, its mostly guess for me )  cover  the top with an aluminiu foil, bake for 40- 45 minutes. check  by   inserting a tooth pick and should come out clean. Cool in the  tin,  and serve .

Great for days when you are craving a good dose of chocolatey  treat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails