Sunday, November 6, 2011
Sticky Date pudding
Have you ever had anything where you take one bite and you just feel like closing your eyes and savour each bite. Well thats what happened to me when I ate this . I found n this recipe on an Austrailian Women's Weekly magazine. Its very simple to make once you get everythig ready, and has its own sauce at the bottom once its baked.
Sticky Date Pudding : Recipe adapted from Australian Women's Weekly
1/2 cup died dates , choppped and soaked in hot water for 20 minutes or so
3/4 cups flour + 1 tsp baking powder (or use self raising flour )
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup brown sugar
15g ,thats about 2-3 tbsp, butter
1. While the dates soak in hot water, preheat your oven to 180 degree celsius. grease a small oven dish with a little butter.
2. Sift flour and sugar intoa bowl, mix till its combined well.
3. Drain the water from the dates, and add the dates into the flour mixture and the milk. Mix well and spread the mixture at the bottom of the prepared dish. Place the dish on a baking sheet.
4. In a heat proof jug or large mug , mix brown sugar and butter and pour boiling water in and mix . Pour it carefully over the batter in oven dish. Then carefully place the dish on a baking tray or sheet and place it carefully inthe oven.
5. Bake for 45 minutes till nice and golden on top and firm to touch. Serve warm. ( according to the magazine you can serve it with cream or ice cream.
Ps Next time if i make it I would add some chopped nuts like walnuts or kanamadu.