Sunday, May 29, 2011
Grilled Spicy Chicken And Coriander Pizza
Pizza is one of my favorite things to make and its one of the best recipes to try when cooking with kids. This pizza is great one for adults as its quite spicy.
You will need :
Basic pizza dough
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast pieces
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
2 cloves garlic, pound to a paste or finely grated
1 tsp garam masala
1 chilli pepper or a red bell pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
A generous amount of chedder and mozzarella cheese
For the sauce :
1 big bunch of cilantro or coriander leaves
1 clove garlic
about 1-2 tbsps olive oil
1 red chilli finely chopped ( optional)
1. Prepare pizza dough and leave it to rise .
2. While that is happening, place the sauce ingrediants except olive oil, in a food processor or motor and pestle , and pulse a few times to chop them up, add olive oil from a side until you get a nice thick mixture but not oily. Add a tiny pinch salt.
3. Pat your chicken pieces dry with kitchen paper, season with salt and the rest of the ingrediants and rub it well into the meat. You can even leave it to marinate for an hour to intensify the flavor.
4. Heat a large frying pan with a little oil or even a grill pan ( without any oil), and pan fry the chicken pieces , breast side down first till the meat is done. About 5- 10 minutes. Switch off and leave it on a chopping block covered with tin foil for about 10 minutes. Cut into thin slices.
5. Now before you assemble your pizza make sure you get your oven really hot and the pizza pan hot. Once its hot enough, take the pan out and very carefully roll the pizza dough out and fit it into the pan. Drizzle a little olive oil on the pan first, and use a tissue paper to rub it around.
6. Spread the coriander paste all over the base and then arrange the chicken slices, the bell pepper or chilli pepper strips in between the chicken slices.
7. Sprinkle generously with chedder and mozzarella. I like to sprinkle a little black pepper ontop of the cheese before popping it back into the oven. Bake till the cheese is golden and bubbling. and the crust is turning a dark golden brown.
What kind of a pizza crust lover are you. I like thin crust , cant stand the fat fluffy crust which makes me feel like I am eating a thick slice of bread. Any left over pizza dough can be kept in the freezer or fridge.