Purple Potatoes


Have you ever had purple potatoes?. I came across these in  Tesco supermarket, and decided to give them ago.

As their name they are purple and when you roast them the colour just seem to  deepen more.  I roasted them with new potatoes so I can figure out and compare the taste between them.
 

I made a one-pot roast by mixing up both purple and new potatoes  ( parboiled )along with a few chicken drumsticks. For flavor I added fresh rosemary, a few cloves of garlic, lemon zest, and olive oil along with salt and pepper. Just roasted them and served with a green salad.

Taste-wise, well, I think I like the taste of regular white potatoes more than purple ones. These were a bit stronger in taste and you do get a rather strange aftertaste.well, thats my opinion :)

You can check Here to learn more about these purple potatoes

Comments