Brownies




I do not like baking, usually, my cakes end up too dry, unless I follow the exact instructions for the recipe. But one thing that I do enjoy making is brownies because they don't really have to be nice and smooth on top and are usually quite chewing and moist inside.
Until I discovered this recipe I used just cocoa powder but the brownies turn really rich and delicious when you make them with regular chocolate, instead of cooking chocolate. Use 70% dark chocolate or extra dark chocolate. Sometimes I like to add white chocolate bits to the chocolate batter.

Sorry, I am not sure from where exactly I got the recipe, I have adapted it a little :

170g good quality  chocolate( I used Hershey's) broken into pieces
75g butter
2 eggs
125g caster or regular sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
75g flour
1 tsp baking powder ( see note below)
1/2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
a big handful or two of roughly chopped nuts, either walnuts or cashew nuts

1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius, grease and line a small square baking tray.

2. Place chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of boiling water and melt over a low heat. 

3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla till mixed well and smooth.

4. Add flour, baking powder, cocoa, nuts and the melted chocolate-butter mixture and stir well together.

5. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for about 45 minutes. Cool in tin and cut into squares.
Enjoy!!

NOTE : Instead of using flour and baking powder use self-raising flour.

Comments