TDM CCN Header

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Brownies


I am not one who likes baking, usually my cakes end up too dry , unless I follow the exact instructions for the recipe. But on thing that I do enjoy making is brownies , because they dont really have to be nice and smooth on top and is usually quite chewing and moist inside.
Until I discovered this recipe I used just cocoa powder but the brownies turn really rich and delicious when you make them with cooking chocolate. Sometimes I like to add white chocolate bits into the chocolate batter.

Sorry, I am not sure from where exactly i got the recipe, have adapted it a little :

170g good quality cooking chocolate( I used hershey's) broken into pieces
75g butter
2 eggs
125g caster or regular sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
75g flour
1 tsp baking powder ( see note below)
1/2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
a big handful or two of roughly chopped nuts, either walnuts or cashew nuts

1. Preheat oven to 190 degree celcius, grease and line a small square baking tray.

2. Place chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of boiling water and melt over a low heat. 

3. In a separate bowl , beat eggs, sugar and vanilla  till mixed well and smooth.

4. Add flour, baking powder, cocoa, nuts and the melted chocolate butter mixture and stir well together.

5. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for about 45 minutes. Cool in tin and cut into squares.
Enjoy!!

NOTE : Instead of using flour and baking powder use self raising flour .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails