Saturday, December 11, 2010
Stir Fried Noodles
not the instant type. And the taste was quite different. So here is a simple recipe I tried today using what I had in my pantry and fridge :)
for 2 servings
1/2 a large carrot, peeled and juliened
A big handful of snow peas , finely sliced at an angle
2-3 thin slices of Roberts Luncheon meat, beef flavor ( optional)
1 small onion, finely sliced
1 tsp of finely chopped ginger
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Dried egg noodles ( used about half a 200g pkt)
1-2 red or green chillies, finely sliced
Sauce : 1 tbsp soy sauce( light)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp tomato ketchup
a few dashes of sesame oil
oil for frying
1. Bring water to boil in your wok and cook your noodles till cooked through. Drain and set a side , I like to snip a little to shorten the strands a little , using a pair of kitchen scissors. Mix the sauce ingrediants and set aside.
2. Heat your wok again and when hot, cook your luncheon meat slices till cooked and remove. Finely slice them and set a side.
3. Heat your wok till very hot and add oil and your garlic and ginger and stir fry till your get the smell but not burnt!!. Add the onions and stir fry to soften the onions but make sure you dont burn the garlic.
4. Stir in carrots and snow peas , add a few tablespoons of water. Add the luncheon mean and chillies and stir fry for 1 minutes.
5. Stir in the sauce and add a little more water if it looks too dry . Stir in the noodles a little at a time , mixing in as you go. Once its all mixed well , taste and season with salt if needed.
My mum ,who is here for the holidays, claims it was quite tasty so give it a try . Feel free to change the meat to chicken or sausages or go meat less and more veges or tofu.