TDM CCN Header

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sweet and spicy chicken



I hate having an unused bottle of hoisin sauce sitting in my fridge. Its not just hoisin sauce, I hate throwing away a bottle that has expired and ones that are still half used or used only once or twice and forgotten. I used my hoisin sauce only for my hoisin chicken recipe, so have been feeling guilty for not using it after wards.

So I surfed around for a recipe and found this recipe, which i have changed a little according to my taste.

3-4 pieces of chicken legs ( drumsticks)
2 tbsps hoisin sauce
1 tbsp thai chilli sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp chilli powder
2 cloves garlic, pound to a paste
1" piece ginger , pound to a paste
1/4 tsp brown sugar

1. Rub a tiny pinch os salt on the chicken pieces and pat dry.

2. Mix in all the ingrediants and rub on to chicken and marinate for a few hours

3. Place in a preheated oven , around 200- 250 degree celsius , and roast till nice and sticky and the skin slightly crispy, I think you can evenput it in a barbeque.

4. Serve with noodles tossed in some veges.

engjoy!!

13 comments:

  1. Hy Dear,
    wonderful try n cute click...very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that looks really nice,so easy as well so delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just what I needed! I also have a bottle of hoisin lying around that I've never used and it's about to expire!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly tempting chicken..sounds absolutely delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet it tastes fantastic! I love the sweetness in it. Hope you'll have a wonderful day!
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious! My family will love this recipe! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Hoisin flavoured dishes too. The chicken looks very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the extra kicks added to the hoisin chicken. A lovely combination of drumstick and noodle! Must be very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delicious chicken! Lots of great flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds delicious i like chicken yummy food i really love this

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks bful and delcious dear..awesome color..pls collect ur award from my blog as a token of gratitude and love

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails