Thursday, December 24, 2009
Oreo and Peanut Roulade
Blogging has made life in the kitchen quite adventurous :), After seeing all the deserts and cookies in most blogs I decided to experiment with my new found love fo meringue. What goes well with oreo ?, peanut butter !! So i decided to mix them both and ended up with this delicious thing, i know it looks quite messy :). Unfortunately for me I am quite impatient at times,( most of the time) so i didnt wait for the meringue to cool down so most of my cream melted in the heat while rolling.so best to wait a few minutes to let it cool.
3 egg whites
125 g caster or fine sugar
1 tsp corn flour
5 oreos ( bashed up)
Filling : 200 ml whipping cream
a big hand ful of roasted peanuts, coarsely ground
1. Whip the whites till stiff , add sugar a tablespoon at a time , till all is mixed in and you are left with a nice thick glossy mixture.
Whip till soft peaks stir in corn flour and crushed oreos, fold gently. Spread on a prepared swiss roll tray , prepared meanining a lightly buttered greasproof paper in a swiss roll pan
2. Bake in a preheated oven 220 , bring the temperature down to 180 after 10 minutes and bake another 20 minutes till nice and firm and golden.
3. Remove and let it cool for about 20 minutes, then invert it onto greasproof paper.
4. Whip cream and stir in crushed peanuts into it. Spread this over the merigue , dont spread to the edges.
5. Using your greaseproof paper under neath the meringue carefully roll it up. Chill in the fridge to let it settle down.
I think mine was a little thin compared to most roulades But hey it tasted quite good.
Hope everyone has a great week end !!