Monday, December 28, 2009
Chicken and Pasta dinner
Before I start anything there was a little mis understanding about my chicken curry recipe. We werent celebrating Eid , Eid is still a long way to go. Chicken curry and other various chicken recipes are usually cooked for special occasions. which is why i said that. It was just a lunch with bunch of maldivian freinds.:)Sorry for the little misunderstanding .
Ok, last night I made a really fast and easy dinner. First time I did the chicken like that but it turned out really great. The pasta recipe was a recipe I saw on tv a cooking and travel show called David rocco's dolce vita.
2 tsps of lonumirus paste or the chilli paste i used for fihunumas
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 pieces of boneless chicken breast pieces, skinned ( even 3 would do)
1. Pat dry the chicken, season with salt . Mix lonumirus or chilli paste with coconut milk . Place the chicken in a plastic container or zip lock bag and pour the coconut and chilli paste mix over it and rub it in and leave in fridge till you need or for an hour or so.
2. Heat a large non stick pan till hot , add very little oil just enough to coat it , if you have one of those grill pans you that instead. CArefully place the chicken pieces in a layer in the pan. Fry till the bottom side is cooked and nice and brown, and then turn it over and cook the there side. Take it out let i rest. I kept it inside some aluminium foil till it was time to eat.
For Lemony pasta
1 clove garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 lemon
A good splash of extra virgin olive oil
2 big handful of grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
Hand ful of chopped parsley (optinal)
Salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta in boiling hot water till al dente.
2. While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Crush the garlic clove in a little salt to anice smooth paste, use a pestle and motor. Leave the garlic out if you dont like it or just rub it around your bowl and discard. Spoon the garlic paste into a large salad bowl or mixing bowl, Squeeze in your lemon juice ( 1 lemon) , add the grated zest, dried chillies, olive oil and parmesan. Mix well with a folk. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Drain pasta well, add into the past and toss well to coat the pasta with the sauce. Stir in pasta and more parmesan if you like.